Our property litigation specialists take a pragmatic approach to resolving property disputes: if there’s a practical option that saves you money, we’ll put it forward.
Wherever possible, we aim to negotiate settlements using our Alternative Dispute Resolution, which helps avoid substantial litigation costs. If litigation becomes necessary, we're here to support you, giving expert advice and support throughout the entire process, while keeping your commercial aims in mind.
We always discuss the likely costs of litigation with you openly.
Our experience in this technical area of the law is extensive, and we advise commercial landlords, tenants, property managers, professional advisors (surveyors), developers, investors and homeowners on a variety of property disputes. For example, we cover:
- Development land issues, such as right to light and right of way
- Contentious and non-contentious business lease renewals, termination and surrender negotiations
- Rent and other arrears
- Disputes over breaches of lease covenant
- Disputes over consent to assignment/sublet/change of use/alterations
- Forfeiture and relief against forfeiture
- Service charge disputes
- Recovery of land or premises from unlawful occupiers and squatters
- Disputes with owners of neighbouring properties over boundaries, easements, breaches of covenants, trespass, nuisance and adverse possession
- Leasehold enfranchisement for commercial landlords
- Residential possession actions/rent recovery for commercial landlords
- Professional Negligence relating to property.