Disputes in the construction industry happen regularly, whether they involve large civil engineering projects, housing developments, simple building works or renovations.
Whatever the dispute, Wortley Byers Law knows the construction business intimately, and our lawyers have the knowledge and experience to help developers, main and sub-contractors, construction professionals and customers resolve it – all with a pragmatic approach to cost and risk.
Our Alternative Dispute Resolution service is a powerful and cost-effective way to deal with most disputes, and avoids lengthy and expensive litigation procedures.
We can help with:
- Contractual disputes or issues relating to workmanship
- Termination of Contract
- Final Account disputes
- Extension of time and loss and expense claims
- Payment Notices and Withholding Payment Notices
- Claims for defective design or poor workmanship
- Consultant claims for professional fees
- Professional negligence claims (for architects, surveyors and other consultants)
- Defending claims
- Expert determination